Meteorological alert in Dominican Republic from Saona Island to Cabo Engaño due to Hurricane Maria which is arriving today to the country.
Please be prepared for its arrival:
1. Buy water and food.
2. Prepare a medicine cabinet. If you need any special medication, keep it handy.
3. Fill up the tank of your car.
4. Have a flashlight and batteries in case you run out of electricity.
5. Do not stand near the windows.
6. Do not leave home unless absolutely necessary.
7. Keep local emergency telephone numbers handy and find the location of nearby shelters.
And very important, follow the movement of the hurricane NOAA NWS National Hurricane Center
Our support to he victims of the earthquake in Mexico and of the hurricane Maria in the affected islands.